Re: Ԍ׉Œ: [GENERAL] GEQO and KSQOproblem.

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: Ԍ׉Œ: [GENERAL] GEQO and KSQOproblem.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 17:31 +0300 on 06/09/1999, Natalya S. Makushina wrote:

> I can put the part of query outside the parentheses.
> But if i increased number of "OR" in query, the server was down and
>worked very,very slowly. I can't see any rezult from optimizer.
> It's very strange thing!

The postgres optimizer was never very good with OR clauses. That's why I
suggested the format with the regular expressions in the end of my message.
I wonder if you can get a better result by using a union:

SELECT .....
WHERE
  AND lower(SOTRUD.EMAIL) LIKE '%matukin@hotmail.com%'
UNION
SELECT .....
WHERE
  AND lower(SOTRUD.EMAIL) LIKE '%knirti@kaluga.ru%'

etc.

Also try UNION ALL.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

От: "Natalya S. Makushina"
Сообщение: ïÔ×ÅÔ: [GENERAL] GEQO and KSQO problem.
От: "Sean W. Ellis"
Сообщение: Remote Authentication